Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It's raining, it's pouring...

and I'm working on Evenstar. :)

This is Shade's last full week of school and she has 1 Monday left. :) Signed her up for summer camp and 2 days a week she will be doing gymnastics. My little girl is growing up and I CAN NOT believe she is going into 2nd grade. Time freaking flies!

Some other good news (to me) is I have finally upgraded my phone to a smartphone! Got the Droid Razr and boy did I have to watch ALL the videos on how to use this thing and half the crap I still don't know. HAHA What I DO know how to use is FREAKING AWESOME! I was hoping to be able to get on DamnYouAutoCorrect.com but I noticed the droid doesn't use auto correct.
:( BUMMER but my friend Sarah is getting an Iphone so I will be texting her a lot to see if I can get her on there. lol

I also got my replacement Kindle Fire this week. :) EXCELLENT customer service. Casey (my hubby) was sooo ready to answer questions about how it broke and blah blah blah. ALL they did was say "So where do I send the new one?" Just like that.

I have also decided to open up my etsy shop again. It's been close to 2 years since I closed it and my handmade items are just piling up. I would have opened it sooner but my camera crapped out and now I have my phone that takes great pictures I can get started. :)

ANYWHO....

What I'm working on - (Sorry about the photo's...It is a crappy, rainy day)

Still have Evenstar of course. my goal is to have it finished during the Ravelympics. It's only 2 weeks long so I would like to only have the border to do during that time. I still have beads I need to pick out. I think I am going to go to the local bead store to find the beads I like and then order them from online. Buying 3,000 beads from a shop is just too expensive. I workedon it this morning and got 2 rows done. I will be working on it more today I hope.

I have the heal flap done on the ankle sock but haven't touched it since Friday.



I did get a bug up my booty and started a crochet project on Monday and Almost finished it on the same day. Why almost done? I have the crocheting done BUT I would like to line it because it is a bag and I've never lined a bag before. This bag is one of the first patterns that I put into my Q on Rav. Yeah...that was a few years ago. I want to line it with come cloud fabric. :)

And I've been SPINNING!!! Here is some SW Merino in BRIGHT colors. I was going to do a 2 ply BUT my cat got to the drawar of fiber so I just kept spinning it all onto one bobbin so it will get N-plied.
I also did some Falkland fiber I got in a swap that my friend Brany (Yarn_Tails) dyed. This will be a 2-ply Worsted or Bulky. If I remember correctly Falkland fluffs up really nicely?

And last I started spinning this beautiful bit of clown barf yesterday. It is from Fibers4Ewe I got at the NewEngland Fiber Fest a year ago? It is a mix of Wool/Mohair/Alpaca/Sparkle. Very soft and squishy. I've got 4 ounces and not sure if I want to 2-ply or N-ply. there are some nice long color in these. Hmmm...we shall see :)

Got some Enabling for you this week. I was  BAD GIRL!! but it felt sooo GOOD :)

From Woolgatherings some Polwarth/Silk roving. 8ozs
Polwarth Wool / Silk Roving - Hand painted Felting or Spinning Fiber
KnittyAndColor a SPARKLY batt
Another Woolgatherings for the CTA spin-a-long or SAL
Friends In Fiber a gradient dyed roving 4oz in BFL/Silk
And LAST I got YarnVSZombies self stiping sock yarn. I LOVE me some clown barf.
NO MORE purchases for a while till I get my etsy shop up and people start buying lol


Around the house -

SO CLOSE to being able to get our roof on. Hopefully we can call the guy next week :)

Need to call a tree guy to cut down some trees around the house :( SO SAD because they are BEAUTIFULL trees BUT they are blocking most of the sun from getting to our house and causing mold, moss and rotting of our siding(it's ceder) a lost faster then it should.

Laundry room update - The cieling is fully torn down. We just need to go to Home Depot and get some drywall and insulation but it has been raining or the threat of rain for a few days. it would be so bad getting drywall and have it rain on it on the way home. I AM trying to do all the laundry so we can have lots of clothes for when we take out the washer and dryer to do the cieling and floors.

I just can't wait until this room is DONE so I can start washing ALL THE FLEECE! I bought a double utility sink and it's just sitting in my kitchen taunting me lol

2 comments:

Nacole said...

All of your spinning looks wonderful! One day I will be a great spinner like the wonderful Monet!

The Bookworm said...

The spinning does look great and nice bag!
http://yarnchick.blogspot.com/