Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The start of things...

Not sure how long this blogging is going to take this time but I hope that I will atleast do a post every Thursday. Maybe?

I would like to tell you everything that has gone on since I last blogged but that would just be way too long and I don't have that great of a memory. :) The one thing that I will say is I bought a house about 7 months ago. So if you look below you will see a section called Around the House so I can talk about everything I need to vent about being a new home owner. :) Not only inside but outside as well.

What I am working on -

Right now I am knitting the Evenstar Shawl by Susan Pandorf out of JaggerSpun Zephyr Wool-Silk 2/18  in the Jade colorway. Thanks to Tami for getting my ass to pick it back up again after the HUGE fiasco I had during the KAL a few years back. Whatever would go wrong, DID go wrong. Luckily I am a better knitter and have awesome friends to help me out. :) I am now on Row 6 of chart 3. Not bad for 5 days of knitting.



Ankle socks for ME. Super Simple Short Sock on Ravelry made out of Tofutsies in a rainbow colorway. Using 2.5mm needles. I have one row of the cuff done LMAO

I also just joined the Wendy Knits Mystery KAL and I'm thinking of knitting that out of some Gritty Knits NOM yarn I have. LOVE this yarn. It's an MCN base and so soft. I'm in the Every Other Month club as well as the Nomlet club. :)

 I have so many other things but the shawl and ankle socks are the only active things on my needles.

Awesome news.....MY WHEEL IS FINISHED!! OK so this pic doesn't show the flyer on BUT it shows the best color with the bad lighting and flash. Threw some SW Merino fiber on the wheel to get back in the groove of things and then I can't wait until TDF. My goal is to catch up with the 12 lbs in 2012 group challenges. That means I have atleast 3 pounds to spin. HAHA:)


What do I spin next? Hmmm....



Around the House -

Right now we are working on redoing the whole laundry room. Floors, ceiling, paint, trim...THE WORKS!! When we first moved in we wanted to do Shades room but found a roof leak into her room and mold inside her walls on the insulation. Found we need a whole new roof and until that is done we can't do her room :( SO laundry room it is LMAO.

1 comment:

The Bookworm said...

Welcome back to 'blog land'. My poor crochet blog is usually very quiet, but this time of year the crochet bug bites me, so I hope to ahve more finished projects to share. What a cool spinning wheel!

http://yarnchick.blogspot.com/